Contact Us
License Info
Firearm info
Hunting Details
Non resident hunting season 2013

Black Bear
August 15- October 31

Whitetail Deer
Archery ... September 15 to November 15
Black Powder ... September 28 to November 15
Rifle ... October 5 to November 15

I live outside of Ontario. How do I get a non-resident license to hunt Ontario?

Non-residents of Ontario must present one of the following to obtain a non-resident license to hunt in Ontario:

  • An Ontario non-resident's hunting license issued to you after January 1, 1968
  • A hunting license issued to you by a competent authority in any jurisdiction as a resident of that jurisdiction after January 1, 1968
  • An Ontario Hunter Education Examination Report or Certificate issued to you after January 1,1968
  • An Ontario Hunting License Verification Certificate showing that you were issued an Ontario License to hunt, or passed the Hunting License Examination
  • A certificate, issued you after January 1,1968, by a competent authority in any jurisdiction, giving you permission to purchase a resident's hunting license in that Jurisdiction.
Note: A non-resident who wishes to hunt in Ontario must be 16 years of age of older.

License fees from 2013

License Fees (GST is included in all fees)
Non-resident's license to hunt Deer
(antler deer only)...............................$230.31
Non-resident's small game
(selected WMU's only)......................$115.28
Non-resident's license to hunt Black Bear

Non-residents must have a Black Bear Hunting License Validation Certificate as well as a black bear hunting license they must also complete the hunt report that comes with the certificate and return it to the issuer of the certificate by November 30 of that same year of hunt.

Where can I purchase a non-resident's hunting License?

Non-residents hunters who wish to go hunting immediately may purchase a hunting license at many locations throughout the province.

Call the MNR office serving that area for the location nearest you.


Kenora MNR Office Fort Frances MNR Office
(807)468-2501 (807)274-5337


Export permits

Residents and non-residents must have an Ontario export permit to export deer or any part of a deer from Ontario. You may obtain an export permit from most Service Ontario offices in the area where the animal has been taken. You should obtain the export permit before reaching a border point to avoid any inconvenience.

You must keep the game seal attached to the deer while you are transporting it.
this permit is required to export from Ontario any part of the deer, including carcass, hide or antlers.
Non-resident's Export permits ............. $35.00

for more information see the USDA web site at

For Further information and a copy of the Ontario Fishing regulations book visit The Ministry of Natural Resources web site:



Home | American Plan | Contact | Gallery | License Info | Firearms Info | Hunting Details


Copyright ©2009 Kenora Whitetail Adventures